- Make sure your total amount doesn’t go above SGD$400 (inclusive of shipping & insurance costs!)
When the value goes above $400, the entire sum will be subject to GST. For example, if your parcel costs $450, the GST payable will be $450 X 7% = $31.50.
- If your total amount goes above SGD$400 just split your order into two
- Pull up the entire product list that is eligible to ship from Amazon to Singapore and shop from there
To get the entire product list, simply tick the “Free Shipping” option as well as “Amazon.com” under seller when you’re shopping from different categories. You don’t have to keep checking if your products ship to Singapore after this!
4. Check out the website camelcamelcamel to look for stuff that’s on discount
Camecamelcamel shows products that are at historic low prices, (i.e. the lowest prices for a product in the history of ALLLL TIME) so head on over to check out what’s on discount. If you scroll to the bottom of the page, they also give you links to items that are on 25%-75% discount, so just head on over to Amazon on those links and click “Free Shipping” and sold by “Amazon.com”.
5. If the item is obviously eligible (like you seriously, seriously can’t find any problems with it), you can try contacting Amazon customer service and they might waive the fee for you!
- Don’t buy items with plugs because the US voltage & plugs are different from the ones used in Singapore (unless it is dual voltage)
- Try not to return items, because if the reason for return is not a result of an Amazon error, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund 🙁